Rapid Mixer Granulator
Rapid Mixer Granulator
Rapid mixer granulator is a multi-purpose processor equally suitable for high-speed dispersion of dry powders, aqueous or solvent granulation, effervescent products, and melt pelletization.
A rapid mixer granulator is one of the most essential pharmaceutical equipment. Without this piece of device, pharmaceutical ingredients cannot be mixed well and made into granules. The granules made by this device are later compressed to give rise to various forms of drugs. In fact, this mixer is not just pharmaceutically important; one can also use it to mix food products as well as chemicals.
If you too are searching for a Rapid Mixer Granulator, you need to go for the best one. It is the essentiality of this piece of equipment that demands that you take the best one. If you make a compromise with quality, you compromise with the production process.
Mixer granulators help achieve a wet granulator, which is a common step in manufacturing many solid dosage pharmaceuticals, where a mechanical impeller moves the powder while a liquid binder starts the formation of granules. The granulator also has a chopper.
Impeller and chopper are mainly responsible for wet granulation in the mixer granulator.
Rapid Mixer Granulator helps achieve excellent mixing and consistent granules at lower operating costs and higher productivity. Better mixing and closed control of granule size lead to faster tableting speeds with improved quality and least rejections.
Rapid Mixer Granulator is an ideal mixer for pharmaceutical, chemicals and food products, including aqueous and solvent granulation, wax granulation, dry mixing and wet granulation. It is the best in mixing chemicals, food ingredients, and drugs.
Bombay Engineering works is a well-known organization for a rapid mixer granulator manufacturer, supplier, and exporter according to ISI guidelines. We have fulfilled every customer’s requirements since 1964 from India and all over the world.
we are well- known rapid mixer granulator manufacturer in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India/rapid mixer granulator supplier. To know more about granulation process keep reading below.
The granulation is conventionally performed in the following process steps :
- Mixing of dry material at high impeller and chopper speeds for a few minutes.
- Addition of liquid binder by pouring it onto the powder, while both the impeller and chopper are running at a low rate.
- Wet massing with both agitators running at high speed.
rapid mixer granulator parts
Impellers fixed at the bottom of a dome-shaped stainless steel bowl. It has a full length and two half-length blades. Impellers help offer small edges lift the material, and full-length blades push the material to mix well. These impellers break up the wet mass into small pieces and granules.
These specially designed small blades are located at the bottom of the dome. The chopper’s primary function is to cut the lumps into smaller fragments mixed equally by the impeller and aids the bowl or sprayed onto the powder to achieve a more homogeneous liquid distribution. It rotates at high speed (1440/2880) RPM to give easy and uniform granulation. The rate of the chopper is responsible for the size of the granule. Chopper does not significantly affect the granule size when impeller speed is high (above 200 RPM).
Discharge Port :
The discharge port is mounted horizontally into the dome with the vertical downward opening. Granules are unloaded in the container through the discharge port. The discharge port’s opening is operated by a pneumatic cylinder (compressed air cylinder) that requires 3-5 kg/cm2 pressure of compress air.
Working Principle of Rapid mixer granulator :
The Rapid Mixer Granulator/granulation machine is a mixing unit with a bottom entry agitator ad side mounted chopper for granulation. It is used for dry blending, dry granulator, wet mixing, dough preparation, and granulation, i.e., cutting off the damp mass into small granules. It works on the basic principle of agitation of the bowl’s contents at moderate speed and then running a specially profiled cutter blade at high speeds into the wet mass.
Dry mixing takes about 3-5 minutes to mix the ingredients; wet mixing takes 5-10 minutes to make the material’s wet mass. The granulation process takes 5-10 minutes to 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm sized granules.
Mixing time consumed in processing is depends upon the ingredient’s quantity and their particle size.
High Performance And Durability
The machines manufacture by Bombay Engineering works, offer high performance, are durable and reliable and boast of sturdy construction that follows all the international standards. Qualified engineers, skilled personnel, technical experts all work together hand in hand to provide the best equipment. All these procedures and the final test are observed by quality controllers who ensure that the final product suits the need of the customers and is of the highest quality.
- cGMP model.
- Contact parts in SS 316 & non-contact parts in SS 304.
- Homogeneous binder distribution.
- Short batch time & reduce cleaning time.
- Maximize WIP effectiveness.
- Pneumatic lid lifting system.
- Air purges sealing system for main stirrer shaft & granulator shaft.
- All internal contact parts are polished to the mirror finish.
- A high-speed chopper/granulator is inserted horizontally through the bowl of the bowl to assist in blending powder and breaking the product to the required size granules.
- May flush the seal housing & drive shaft with cleaning water, which is then drained away from the machine through built-in drain tubes.
- Granulator motor comes with removable stainless steel covers.
- All moving part of the machine is enclosed.
- Safety interlocking system such that the machine can’t be started unless & until the mixer cover is properly closed.
OPTIONS AVAILABLE :
- PLC in the control panel.
- WIP system.
- Jacketed bowl with a vacuum system.
- Flameproof motors & electricals.
- Any other customized feature.
- Short batch time.
- Different layouts are available to suit room layouts.
- Very easy to clean & assemble.
- Reputed bought outs eliminates frequent breakdowns.
- Reasonable price.
- R & D models available from 2 Ltrs to 50 Ltrs / batch with interchangeable bowls.
- Production models are available from 100 Ltrs to 1500 Ltrs.
|Model||RMG 10||RMG 25||RMG 50||RMG 100||RMG 150||RMG 250||RMG 400||RMG 600||RMG 1000|
|Gross Volume in litres||10||25||50||100||150||250||400||600||1000|
|Working Volume in litres||8||20||40||80||120||200||320||480||800|
|Main Motor in HP||2 / 3||3 / 5||3 / 5||7.5 / 10||10 / 15||20 / 30||30 / 40||40 / 50||63 / 85|
|RPM Dual speed||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500||750 / 1500|
|Mixing speed RPM||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150||75 / 150|
|Chopper motor HP||1 / 1.5||1 / 2||2 / 3||2 / 3||3 / 5||3 / 5||5 / 7.5||5 / 7.5||10 / 15|
|RPM Dual speed||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880|
|Output speed RPM||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880||1440 / 2880|
|Weight in Kgs.||200||900||1000||1400||1500||1800||2000||2500||3500|