Uses and features of tray dryer
Dryers are used in a variety of industries, such as the food processing, pharmaceutical, paper, pollution control and agricultural sectors. Diverse materials need to be dried in completely different businesses, such as chemicals for research and medical concerns, paper for printing and packaging operations and edible materials for further processing into popular foods and snacks.
Dryers are used to remove liquids or moisture from bulk solids, powders, parts, continuous sheets or other liquids by evaporation or sublimation. Dryers can be broken up into two main types: direct and indirect. Direct dryers convectively heat a product through direct contact with heated air, gas or a combusted gas product. Indirect dryers conductively heat a product through contact with a heated wall.
There are various types of Dryer used in Pharmaceutical Industries
we are the leading company for tray dryer manufacturer in India/tray dryer manufacturer in mumbai and tray dryer supplier
what is a tray dryer?
The tray dryer is used for the drying of the wet products of the crude drugs, chemicals, powders or the granules, etc.
Cabinet including heater at the bottom which is the simplest form of drying is a laboratory oven.
These ovens are of very little value because there is no control of the heat transfer or humidity.
Assuming a fan fitted to the oven. In that case, the forced hot air circulated, increasing the heat transfer, and reducing the local valor concentrations. Despite this, there is no adequate control.
The best type of tray dryer or tray drying machine is that of the directed circulation form. The controlled flowing system offers heated air across the material.
The material spread on the tiers of the trays to dry quickly. The trays used have solid, perforated, or wire mesh bottoms.
The screen tras are lined with paper to circulate across rather than through the drying materials.
The paper is used as a disposable tray liner to reduce cleaning time and prevent contamination.
The uniform temperature and air in a modern tray dryer use a well-insulated cabinet with strategically placed fans and heating coils.
There is an alternate arrangement of the shelves so that air can flow uniformly without any obstructions. The fitted heater design helps provide reheated air before passing through each frame.
When the air passes over each shelf, a certain amount of heat helps provide latent heat for vaporization. The correct design offers reasonable control of heat and humidity in such types of dryers.
Tray drying process
tray dryer is a conventional drying equipment with enclosed insulated chambers and trays placed on top of each other in a trolley. the driers are used in process where drying and heating are crucial part of the industrial manufacturing process such as in food products, pharmaceutical, dyestuff and chemical manufacturing among others .the material to be dried are either solid or wet are placed on the trays
- CONSTRUCTION: EXTERNAL: 2MM THK, INTERNAL:2MM THK, MOC: cGMP.
- SURFACE FINISH: EXTERNAL: Buffed to 150 grit matt finish, INTERNAL: Buffed to 220 grit mirror finish.
- INLET & OUTLET: All dryers have a 5-micron pre-filter at the inlet and a manually infinite adjustable damper at the outlet.
- DOOR: Doors at the front or rear side of the tray dryer. Door lips are lined with a silicon rubber gasket to prevent any leakages, The suitable locking systems at the doors.
- AIR CIRCULATION: In-built recirculation blowers design helps circulate air inside the tray dryer. The blower capacity, static & design depends on the size and model of the dryer.
- HEATING: Dryers usually are supplied with either steam/ electric/ thermic fluid / hot water heating system, engineered with suitable heating coils/clarifiers in the dryer.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: The temp control system with an electronic digital temp controller fitted in the control panel. The temp control in the dryer is fully automatic.
- TRAYS: Trays are available in S.S. 304 / 316. All trays are altogether die pressed and with coved corners. We also buffer the tray to mirror finish. Trays are also available in aluminum / Polypropylenes / FRP / M.S. galvanized as per client requirements.
- TROLLEY: A trolley is provided in the dryers to accommodate trays in it. Trolley trucks help to load and unload the trays into the dryer.
- CONTROL PANEL: Automatic Control panel on the side of the dryer. It consists of Starters, contactors, safety relays, ckt breakers, indicating lamps, pushbuttons, timers, controllers, etc.
Tray dryer specification
|Loading capacity||12 Trays||24 Trays||48 Trays||96 Trays||192 trays|
|External Dimension in mm
( W X D X H )
|1370 X 530 X 940||1370 X 940 X 940||1980X1020X1880||3320X1900X1880||3320X1900X1880|
|Internal Dimension in mm||840 X 430 X 840||840 X 860 X 840||1020 X930 X1830||1960 X930 X1830||1960 X930 X1830|
|No of Doors||One||One||One||Two||Two|
|No of Blowers||One||Two||One||Two||Four|
|No of motors/H.P.3 PHASE 415 VOLTS.||1/0.5 H.P.3 phase
|1/0.5 H.P.3 phase 415 volts||1/1 H.P.3 phase 415 volts||2/1 H.P.3 phase 415 volts||Four/1 H.P. each 3 phase 415 volts|
|Electrical Heating Load for 100°C / 200°C / 300°C||3kw/6kw/9kw||6kw/9kw/12kw||9kw/15kw/18kw||15kw/21kw/27kw||36kw/42kw/48kw|
|Steam Heater No. of coils.||2||2||2||2||2|
|Steam Pressure||3.3 kg/cm2||3.3 kg/cm2||3.3 kg/cm2||3.3 kg/cm2||3.3 kg/cm2|
|Steam consumption||25 LBS/hr||45 LBS/hr||60 LBS/hr||80 LBS/hr||120 LBS/hr|
|Insulation in mm
100°C / 200°C / 300°C
|No of Trolleys||Rack System||Rack System||One||Two||Four|
|Tray Size||812 X 406 X 31||812 X 406 X 31||812 X 406 X 31||812 X 406 X 31||812 X 406 X 31|
|Trolley Dimension||Fixed Racks||Fixed Racks||840 X 960 X 1780||840 X 960 X 1780||840 X 960 X 1780|