Working Principle of Co Mills
Bombay Engineering offers high-quality co mill (conical mill, comill, cone mill) for the global market. The company supplies different models including movable comills, laboratory comills, and conical mills available integrated with high shear mixer granulator, lifting columns, etc.
The Co Mill is used for a wide range of products and applications. Can use it for mixing and dispersing, size reducing, separating, and bulk density adjustment. The typical particle size distribution (PSD) is tightly contained with the 1 mm Sieve to 0.25 mm Sieve range (18 mesh to 120 mesh), depending on the screen and impeller choices.
Traditional milling technologies do not have the same control over the PSD resulting in more fines & thus causing more dust. In a Co Mill, the penalties generated are much lesser & no dusting of materials, giving better and efficient milling results. We are a manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of co mills according to ISI guidelines and user’s requirements since 1964 from Mumbai to India and all over the world.
A conical mill (or conical screen mill) is a machine used to reduce material uniformly size. It is an alternative to the hammermill or other forms of grinding mills. As the name implies, the conical mill varies in diameter from where the feed enters to where the product exits.
The conical mill operates by having the product being fed into the mill by gravity or vacuum. A rotating impeller forces the material outward to a conical screen surface, where it is sized and passed through the screen’s openings. Once finished, the product drops through the milling chamber to a receptacle underneath.
Conical mills come in various sizes, from tabletop lab models to full-size high-capacity machines for use in processing large quantities of material, and the impeller and screen can be customized for each use. The machines can be used to reduce the size of particles and for deagglomeration, sieving, dispersion, and mixing.
Bombay Engineering offers a wide range of Co-mill :
- 5 kg/hr to 1000kg/hr working capacity model.
- High-speed milling, granulating, and size reduction by rubbing process.
- Uniform size reduction of wet material with Cone blade with cone type sieve for size reduction.
- Option Features: Inline Milling & Explosion-proof electrical.
The applications for a conical mill are varied, but the trend towards use in the food, cosmetic, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries:
- Reclaiming broken pharmaceutical tablets by grinding them back into powder for re-forming.
- Sizing wet granulated particles before drying, and sizing dry granulated particles after they’ve dried before tableting.
- Delumping dry detergent during production
- Dispersing pearl into blush and face powder
- Deagglomerating dried fruits such as raisins or cranberries.
- Creating breadcrumbs from scraps
- The conical mill has some marked advantages.
- Low noise, heat, and dust,
- A more uniform particle size,
- Flexibility in design, and
- Higher capacity.
- Granulation of dry powders for tablet manufacture bulk density fine-tuning sizing. Uniform sizing of wet granulation in tablet manufacturing.
- Lump-free homogeneous blending to precise-size requirements.
- We are reducing tricky, sticky, heat-sensitive agglomerates into pieces, crumbs, or powders of uniform size, continuously without excessive heat build-up or screen blockage.